Sports Specific Fitness Tips
Golf For Life (TM) Performance Enhancement Program: Through extensive biomechanics training, and studying with Advantage Golf, and Dr. Greg Rose, Back Swing Dynamics, as well as Body Balance for Performance and Paul Calloway, Greenapple Sports and Wellness has put together a program based on concepts that we believe are the foundation upon which Golf For Life is based.
The most common Golf Injuries: Low back, Neck, shoulder , Thoracic (mid back), elbow, wrist, hand, Hip, Knee, Ankle, and foot.
GOLF DOES NOT INJURE PEOPLE, POOR BODY MECHANICS CAUSE INJURIES. IN GOLF, THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF EQUIPMET IS YOUR BODY.
- A golfer's physical characteristics have a direct, functional relationship to their swing mechanics.
- Proper treatment and physical training can improve and or correct the physical weaknesses interfering with a golfer's swing and, therefore, can facilitate the process of improved swing skills and performance.
- Maximum performance can only be attained and maintained through integrating performance enhancement by using the elements of evaluation, and correction of faulty body mechanics, and removing physical limitations, and ending with Golf specific stretches and exercises.
Overuse injuries, a term of the past.
It always makes me wonder when a patient enters Greenapple Sports and Wellness with what they think is an overuse injury.
How can a runner over work just their right I.T. band and not the left? Are you running or hopping? Dysfunction in tissue is what creates overwork - not the running. Biomechanical flaws in the running stride will irritate tissue creating friction, pressure and tension. This creates a decrease in blood flow and a lack of oxygen to the tissue being used by the runner. Now the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and fascia is less flexible it can no longer handle the stress of even your usual distance.
Under treatment protocols on this website you will find options to get you back on the path of running and enjoying. You probably already know someone we have helped.
- Make sure you are in the proper shoes.
- Get you muscular structure analyzed by a doctor with specialized sports training.
- Correct the problem, pain that goes away after warm-up is a false sense of security.